• Rien studied Business Administration at RSM Erasmus University. He wrote his master thesis about Pay-for-Performance amongst Dutch companies in the 2002-2006 period. Rien started his career as consultant strategic finance at Orchard Finance Consultants.
• Rien joined Shareholder Support in 2007, where is responsible for analyses regarding Belgium and the Netherlands. Rien is actively involved in proxy analyses as well as the in-depth analyses.
• Rien’s fields of expertise are executive compensation, articles of association and risk management.
• Stefan has studied Business Administration at the RSM Erasmus University. In his master thesis he investigated the relationship between intangible assets (e.g. copyrights, goodwill, trademarks) and the disclosure of information in (US) conference calls, for samples of high- and low-technology firms. His main finding was that conference calls of high-technology firms are generally less extensive, less financially-oriented and more forward-looking than those of their low-technology counterparts, consistent with the nature of intangible assets.
• In 2008 Stefan joined Shareholder Support as corporate governance analyst responsible for Belgium and the Netherlands. Currently, he is responsible for the proxy analyses in the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden). Next to the proxy analyses, Stefan is actively involved in various other research of Shareholder Support, particularly in the fields of strategy disclosure and sustainability.
• Stefan’s areas of expertise include: corporate disclosure, (European) governance legislation and financial analyses.